Eyes

Eyes
Looking at the world through my eyes..
If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you...

Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 6.. Where does it come from?

Where does my strength come from? I have no idea. I must be a glutton for pain and punishment! I woke up today with a migraine. I decided to skip school and try to relax. Within an hour i was fidgeting and by 9 a.m. I was up getting ready for school. I was late, still had a headache, but i was there! I was very tired and down today. I got my grades, I went from a 4.0 to a 3.93. Not very happy about that, I actually shed some tears, more so because i lost points for bieng, and i quote, standoffish and needing to improve my attitude. I really do not understand that. Why does the fact that i prefer to stay to myself and don't smile all the time mean i have a bad atitude? I wasn't aware there was a law that said i had to mingle. I can't help the face God gave me. I don't know, whatever.

After school i worked out, i was tired and my arms and thighs hurt, but i figured to just push through. I did chest press w/ 25 lb dumbells, 3 sets of 20,, then 20 minutes on eliptical, then upper back machine (name skips my mind), 3 sets of 20 w/ 60 lbs, then bicep curls, 3 sets of 20, 20lbs. then skull crushers (lay on back with curl bar extended from chest, bring bar down to touch forehead then back up again) 25 bar only (bar is 30lbs) 20 w/ 2.5 wts added, then 15 w/5 lb wts added, then i did upright rows, 2 sets of 15 using curl bar.. Then i went to the catherdral of learning and went up the stairwell TWICE this time, I took my time, no stopping or faltering or holding onto the rail at all!! i walked up 72 flights of steps!! YAY me!! I am sooo proud of that!!

next we went up to the track, I went around twice, i tried to jog but i couldn't, my knees were pretty much done by then. So i walked. Then we went to swing set and i did these full body things. You stand at pole, grasp it with 2 hands, sit down, lay out flat, then grasp pole again and pull yourself upright. did 30 of those,, then 50 double leg lifts, then 100 bicycles, then standing push ups, where you start from standing drop down, open legs wide then pull then in and stand again 15 of those, o yeah then 55 side lunges and 15 mountain climbers.. hmm this seems like a lot more when i write it down than when i do it. When im exercising generally whats going through my mind is,, thats not enough, the weights never going to come off. I'm a slacker.

My food sucked today, pretty much all day i had 2 1/2 muffins, 2 cans of tuna, 2 apples, a banana and maybe 10 grapes. I also had 4 slices of wheat bread total. This is a day in my life lol.. well sometimes the food is better. I feel pretty ok though all things considered, just a little tired, so im going to call it a night. I think tomorrow i'm going to slow down on the workout.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry your gpa went down a pinch but 3.93 is something to be super proud of Trina. I can't picture you as standoffish either so fooey on them. Way to go on the tough workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dawn, I hope your trips going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems rather unfair to factor subjective impression of "attitude" into an academic grade.

    ReplyDelete