Eyes

Eyes
Looking at the world through my eyes..
If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you...

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Monsters in disguise....+

These last couple days have been interesting for me. Full of ups and downs, ins and outs, good times and bad times. Today ironically whats been on my heart is the issue of losing weight itself. Generally when you say your trying to lose weight. It seems everyone has the answer. They all know what it is that YOU need to do. It doesn't matter if they are overweight or not. Ironically it's usually the "newly healthy and fit" or the ones that feel they are on a "roll" with the losing, that are the worst culprits. Convinced they know the ins and outs, the ups and downs, the way to your salvation all because they have the crossed their finish line.

Most times i ignore it, sometimes it ticks me off. Basically the rules are the same for everyone. I know i whine and bitch and moan and cry. I feel i have a right too, I have a lot going on. However i also always put it out there, I know I'm NOT eating enough most days, I know i exercise to much, I know i stress too much. I know i should eat more vegetables. So I'm not saying I'm perfect or have some magic pill either. I also don't preach to others about what they need to do. I am not a doctor, all i can do is give suggestions as to what has worked for me in the past. Who the hell would i be to judge you? Where would i get off telling you what to do? I don't walk in your shoes, I don't know your circumstances, I don't know why you are the way you are and whats going to make it right. All i do know is weight loss is a PERSONAL journey. It is a journey that is about MORE than just food. Only eat 1000 calories, don't eat to much of this, cut out that. Yes all of that will work for a while, but trust me my friend, the wall will come up fast and hard. Shit when i was 385 lbs. i could lose weight just by altering my breathing i was so sedentary. So yes the gimmicks do work, but they are just that. Gimmicks, They are not a life long plan and you can't do it on Antone's schedule but your own, What worked for someone else may not always work for you, and that's OK.

What really gets me is why do these people who want to "help" you so much, get so angry and quick to wash their hands of you when you don't want to take their advice, their help or in some cases their orders? Isn't the job of a person who truly cares for you and about you to just be there and be supportive? Does it even occur to them that maybe there are issues or reasons that their plan may not work for you? Do they even care?

All i know is I'm learning so much on this journey, about people, their motives, their feelings about me and about themselves. This weight loss journey is a very hard road to travel and often lonely. Even on here, i see people come and go, say some very mean things and very nice things. Sometimes it appears what was hiding beneath the fat was a monster in disguise.

2 comments:

  1. Just remember that your focus should be on you and how you feel. You can't control what someone else says or does, only how you react to it. I think people get mad when you don't follow their suggestions because they are insecure and wonder if they are doing it right.

    When someone gives me advice or suggestions, I just say, "thanks. I'll think about that. It's an interesting idea." I usually do think about it. Sometimes I try it, sometimes I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging can be a minefield...

    ReplyDelete